Parking and Guidelines
NO parking is available in any spots marked Sisters of St. Dominic, Convent, Motherhouse, Infirmary, etc. Please plan accordingly. See the campus map for details and additional information.
The safety of our students is a top priority. All drivers are expected to adhere to the following:
• There are TWO main entrances to Mount St. Dominic Academy: Bloomfield Avenue and Ryerson Avenue.
- Enter at the Bloomfield Avenue Entrance and turn right at the 4-way stop sign. Proceed on the lower loop road to the parking and drop off/pick up areas.
- Enter from Ryerson Avenue, then turn left at the intersection. Follow the loop road to parking and drop off/pick up areas.
- Morning Drop Off is in front of Rosary Hall. Afternoon Pick Up is by the gazebo.
Parking in Handicap or Fire/Emergency Vehicle Spaces and Double Parking is prohibited.
- Absolutely no parking in spaces marked for the Motherhouse/Convent and St. Catherine of Siena Infirmary.
If a space is not available, drivers may not pull over in illegal spaces to wait for students. Park in the designated areas (see map) and wait there for your student to be ready to be picked up. Caldwell University and the Sisters of St. Dominic will strictly enforce this guideline and disciplinary action will follow. See Caldwell University Campus Safety.
- Parking for students, parents, and visitors are in the areas indicated on the map.
- Parents may use the gravel spaces on the sides of the loop road to pull off and wait for students.
Drop Off/Pick Up Guidelines
- Drive slowly and pay attention to students walking, driving, and parking.
- Be mindful that our students are new and inexperienced drivers.
- Pull up and wait in the line that leads to the gazebo. Be patient and exercise caution when pulling out after you have dropped off/picked up your student.
- If you are waiting for a student, pull over and park on the side gravel spaces on the Loop Road and/or parking spots that are not near student spaces. Refrain from using the student parking lot to park, wait for students, or turn around.
- The faculty and staff parking area between the Athletic Center and Aquinas Hall/MSDA Main Entrance across from Athletic Center should not be used to drop off/pick up students or to turn around between 7:30am and 3:15pm.
- Prior to 7:30am, parents may drop off students directly in front of the Athletic Center.
- Students with a medical excuse provided by the school nurse may be dropped off in front of the Athletic Center or Admissions.
- Beginning at 3:15pm, parents may pick up students directly in front of the Athletic Center.