Working at MSDA
Thank you for considering a career at Mount St. Dominic Academy. We are dedicated to empowering all of our young women to live lives of purpose.
When you join the Mount faculty and staff, you are joining an inspiring group of dedicated professionals whose ongoing research and collaboration create the dynamic learning environment we are so proud of. Critical inquiry, contemplation, compassion, social responsibility, inclusivity, integrity—these values are at the heart of our community and inspire everything we do.
The Mount faculty provides educational experiences that stimulate and motivate students while challenging them to reach for their best and to develop a greater understanding of the world. Our teachers are seen as valuable resources and we believe strongly in supporting their professional growth through a variety of individualized professional development opportunities.
If you are interested in sharing your skills and passion as a member of our faculty or staff, we look forward to hearing from you. Whether you are a longtime educator or a newcomer to the education field, the Mount may be the place for you.
Do you want to join the Mount community? See current openings:
Mathematics Teaching Position
Mount St. Dominic Academy, a vibrant 9-12 all-girls high school, sponsored by the Sisters of St. Dominic, is seeking resumes from qualified, innovate educators who are interested in a full-time Mathematics teaching position to begin in September 2019. This position reports directly to the Dean of Academics and will be responsible for teaching five sections (Geometry and Algebra II). Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or Mathematics educator; Masters degree strongly preferred.
- The strongest applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Ability to teach Mathematics at all levels, including AP, using applied examples and problem-based learning.
- Ability to strike a balance between instructional and assessment time that prioritizes authentic student learning.
- Prior teaching experience at the high school level.
- Current and relevant professional development experience.
- Experience planning and facilitating collaborative, student-centered classes.
- A passion for developing student interest in mathematics and mathematics inquiry.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication (oral and written) abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, as needed and appropriate.
- Proficient computer skills, including familiarity with the Google suite and Microsoft Office suite.
Part time Purchasing Agent Position
Responsibilities of the Purchasing Agent include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for purchases
- Coordinate distribution of supplies
- Coordinate state funding programs
Fall Varsity Head Volleyball Coach
Fall Varsity Head Field Hockey Coach
Fall Varsity Field Hockey Assistant Coach
Applications and Instructions
Send all materials including cover letter, resume and Faculty, Staff or Athletic Position Application via email, fax or mail to:
Mount St. Dominic Academy – Main Office
3 Ryerson Avenue
Caldwell, NJ 07006