Working at MSDA
Thank you for considering a career at Mount St. Dominic Academy. We are dedicated to empowering all our young women to live lives of purpose.
When you join the Mount faculty and staff, you are joining an inspiring group of dedicated professionals whose ongoing research and collaboration create the dynamic learning environment we are so proud of. Critical inquiry, contemplation, compassion, social responsibility, inclusivity, integrity—these values are at the heart of our community and inspire everything we do.
The Mount faculty provides educational experiences that stimulate and motivate students while challenging them to reach for their best and to develop a greater understanding of the world. Our teachers are seen as valuable resources and we believe strongly in supporting their professional growth through a variety of individualized professional development opportunities.
Mount St. Dominic Academy, a Catholic all girls’ high school in Caldwell, NJ is accepting applications across all teaching disciplines for the 2023-2024 school year.
Mount St. Dominic serves 250+ students from a diverse background. We educate our young women to be socially responsible, globally aware leaders of tomorrow, prepared to find their places in the world outside of the Mount.
We embrace the best of our past, a legacy in the Dominican tradition that dates back centuries, and our vision for the future, committed to innovation and progress. The cornerstone of this vision is a commitment to the intellectual, moral, spiritual, and personal development of each young woman.
Mount St. Dominic Academy honors and respects diversity and inclusion as central to our mission of being truth seekers.
The Mount stands against discrimination in any form within the institution and outside of the institution.
The Mount seeks to cultivate an inclusive faculty and staff and as such encourages diverse candidates to apply.
If you are interested in sharing your skills and passion as a member of our faculty or staff, we look forward to hearing from you. Whether you are a longtime educator or a newcomer to the education field, the Mount may be the place for you.
Alumnae Relations and Development Events Coordinator
Mount St. Dominic Academy is an independent 9-12 all-girls high school, sponsored by the Sisters of Saint Dominic. The school is uniquely situated in western Essex County and draws from The Caldwells, West Essex, Cedar Grove, Verona, Montclair, Glen Ridge, as well as Bloomfield, Belleville, Newark, and The Oranges. We seek resumes from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds interested in the Alumnae Relations and Development Events Coordinator position, who will openly uphold and demonstrate the mission, vision, and core values of Mount St. Dominic Academy.
Responsibilities of the Coordinator of Alumnae Relations and Development Events include, but are not limited to the following:
· Provide leadership for the alumnae relations program aimed at increasing and diversifying alumnae engagement
· Plan and implement programs and events designed to cultivate and engage Mount alumnae including reunions, receptions and other opportunities as well as mentorship and guest speaking opportunities
· Additional responsibilities include budget management, expansion of the alumnae database, and oversight of the school archives
· Work with the Communications Director to regularly inform alumnae of Mount news and activities of other Mount graduates using a variety of channels (social media, the Mount website, the alumnae magazine and direct correspondence)
· In conjunction with the Director of Development and Alumnae Relations and the Head of School, as well as other internal parties, plan and execute events in support of the Development office and the school community (includes support for two annual 5K races, community fundraisers and public-facing school events)
· Support the overall success of the Development and Alumnae Relations office by working on special projects and performing all other duties and responsibility as assigned by the Director of Development
Candidate should possess demonstrated success in:
· Verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and relationship-building
· Ability to engage and excite alumnae and volunteers
· Computer skills, including familiarity with Google Workspace / familiarity with nonprofit CRM software a plus
Education / Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Five or more years of experience in community relations or similar field and enthusiasm and experience in event planning and execution
· Work experience in a non-profit and / or educational setting a plus
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds
· Ability to travel in support of regional alumnae events (up to 20%)
Applications and Instructions
Send all materials including cover letter, resume, and Faculty, Staff, or Athletic Position Application via email, fax, or mail to:
Mount St. Dominic Academy – Main Office
3 Ryerson Avenue
Caldwell, NJ 07006