MSDA Blood Drive
“Be Your Own TYPE of Hero”
April 11, 2019
Mount St. Dominic Athletic Center
Jacqueline MacStudy ’20 coordinated the first-ever Mount St. Dominic Academy Blood Drive. The drive is in affiliation with the Red Cross. Students (16+), faculty, staff & parents signed up.
Click here to see WMBC tv airing of the event.
Below is information about the event:
- You must be sixteen and older to be able to donate. If you are sixteen you must have your parent fill out the attached permission slip. If you are seventeen and older, you do not need the attached permission form.
- Don’t forget code Gold Award when you are looking up a Blood Drive.
- If you have traveled in the past year, please check if you have been to a place that has a malaria warning. If you have, you are ineligible to donate.
- Here are the height and weight requirements. Please make sure that you check before you register.
- If you are a spring athlete and are competing in a game or practice, you should not donate blood prior to the physical activity.
- Don’t forget to complete the Rapid Pass once you are registered for donation. It is quick and easy and you don’t have to worry about a long wait. Rapid Pass is a questionnaire that you have to fill out prior to your donation. If you fill it out prior to April 11, the time of donation will be cut in half!
- If you are unable to donate or just don’t want to, there are service opportunities. Please email both Sr. Lena and Jackie MacStudy if you want to volunteer. Indicate the number of hours that you would volunteer at the drive.
- There are a limited amount of donation slots, so make sure that you sign up soon because registration closes on Monday, April 8.
Click here to DONATE Blood.
Don’t forget, be your own TYPE of hero and donate on April 11!