How to Apply
If you are a young woman who thrives on challenge, who has a good academic record, who demands the best from yourself and everyone around you, Mount St. Dominic Academy invites you to apply for admission. Join us in our long-standing traditions of excellence and empowerment. Build lifetime relationships. Be a part of the Mount!
Open House Dates for 2018-2019 School Year
Wednesday, October 3, 2018 – 6:30 pm
Sunday, October 28, 2018 – 12:00 pm
Wednesday, April 10, 2019 – 6:30 pm
Visit us for a day!
Experience the Mount firsthand at our Freshman for a Day Program and see what makes Mount St. Dominic Academy so special! Our program begins in October and continues through May. Prospective students will be teamed with a current student for the day and experience the Mount just the way she does. At lunchtime, join her and friends in the cafeteria, where lunch is on us.
If you are interested in scheduling an appointment or for more information, contact Cathy Bolger at email@example.com or 973-226-0660, ext. 1122.
Important Information for our MSDA Applicants: If you wish to receive an Admission decision by Friday, January 11, 2019, you must have a completed application with all documents submitted by this Friday, December 7, 2018. Participants of the Siena Scholarship exam must have a completed application submitted to be considered for a scholarship. Applications may still be submitted after 12/7 and will receive Admissions decisions on a rolling basis. Financial Aid’s priority application deadline is also December 7th.
Instructions for students who will enter the ninth grade in September 2019:
- Complete the MSDA application on TADS. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Complete application no later than December 7, 2018 for scholarship opportunities. Click here for scholarship information.
- No student will be considered for admission who has not returned a completed application. This application is in addition to the COOP registration form. Click here to apply for the COOP/HSPT® online.
- Register for and take the SSAT or the COOP/HSPT® Exam as administered by the Newark Archdiocese and Paterson Diocese on November 9, 2018.
- Students who currently attend Catholic school are automatically helped to register for this exam by their schools.
- If you do not currently attend a Catholic school, you may register to take the test as a walk-in. Click here to fill out the form, include the MSDA code 810, and call the Admissions Office 973-226-0660, ext. 1122 to reserve your spot.
- In the COOP/HSPT® registration, indicate Mount St. Dominic Academy as one of your three choices (CODE 810).
- Test scores will be forwarded to MSDA in early January.
- There is still a number of options to take the SSAT test for those who miss the HSPT. Click here to view.
- Request the release of your school transcript from your elementary school after completion of the first marking period in Grade 8. This transcript must include the following three items:
- Classes taken and the grades received 6th grade through 1st marking period 8th grade
- Results of standardized testing (Terra Nova, CAT, IOWA, GEPPA, NJ Ask, PARCC) taken in 6th and 7th grade
- Attendance record 6th and 7th grade
- Teacher recommendation letter
- Take advantage of opportunities for scholarship and financial aid listed on this website. The deadline is December 7, 2018
- Candidates for admission will be notified by mail after January 11, 2019. Rolling Registration begins January 12, 2019. Registration Day is February 2, 2019.
Contact admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-226-0660 Ext. # 1114
Instructions for Transfer Students
- Complete the online application through TADS.
- Request the release of your school records from Grade 7 to the present (class grades and standardized testing) from your current/former schools. Send this information in and complete your application on TADS.
- Transfer students are only admitted at the beginning of a semester. Transfer students are required to have an interview with our School Counseling Department. Processing a transfer application takes at least two weeks. Please allow for this time.
- There are no scholarships available for transfer students.
- Transfer students are admitted pending available space in a given class year. Students are invited to apply if they will be enrolling in grades nine through eleven. Mount Saint Dominic Academy does not accept applications from students entering the twelfth grade.
Mount St. Dominic Academy is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. The Mount also holds membership in the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools (NJAIS) and in the Dominican Association of Secondary Schools (DASS).
Mount Saint Dominic Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and athletic and other school administered program.