How to Apply
If you are a young woman who thrives on challenge, who has a good academic record, who demands the best from yourself and everyone around you, Mount Saint Dominic Academy invites you to apply for admission. Join us in our long-standing traditions of excellence and empowerment. Build lifetime relationships. Be a part of the Mount!
Open House Dates
Sunday, September 25, 2016 – 12:00pm-2:30pm
Wednesday, October 26, 2016 – 6:30pm-8:30pm
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 – 6:30pm-8:30pm
Visit us for a day!
Experience the Mount firsthand at our Freshman for a Day Program. This spring with the change of season, we are changing our Freshmen for a Day program! 7th grade students may now visit for the day beginning April 26, 2017 – May 17, 2017. 8th grade girls can schedule a visit as well and see what makes Mount Saint Dominic Academy so special! Our Freshman for a Day program begins in October and continues through May. Prospective students will be teamed with a current freshman for the day (you can request someone you know) and experience the Mount just the way she does. At lunchtime, join her and friends in the cafeteria, where lunch is on us.
If you are interested in scheduling an appointment or for more information, contact Cathy Bolger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-226-0660, ext. 1122. If you like, bring a friend with you. Just be sure to let us know as there is a limit of only six visitors each day due to our small class sizes.
Instructions for students who will enter in the ninth grade:
- Complete the MSDA application and return application with a check in the amount of $40 to the Admissions Office:
- postmarked no later than December 15.
- Click here to download our application or call 973-226-0660 Ext # 1122 to receive one.
- No student will be considered for admission who has not returned a completed application. This application is in addition to the COOP registration form. (Click here to apply for the COOP online).
- Register for and take COOP Exam as administered by the Newark Archdiocese and Paterson Diocese.
- If you do not currently attend a Catholic school you can go online starting September 1 at www.coopexam.org to register for this exam.
- Students who currently attend Catholic school are automatically helped to register for this exam by their schools.
- When you submit your COOP registration, indicate Mount Saint Dominic Academy as one of your three choices (CODE 810).
- Your test scores will be forwarded to us in early January.
- The date for the Newark or Paterson Exam is November 11, 2016. The most efficient way for you to register for this test is online. You may register online at www.coopexam.org starting September 1, 2016. You must register for this test by October 28, 2016. The COOP email assistance address is email@example.com. The COOP hotline number is 1-888-921-2667 or 1-888-921-COOP. If you miss the deadline, please call 973-226- 0660 Ext # 1122 immediately.
- We are one of 5 Test Sites for Essex County. Other sites include: St. Vincent, St. Benedict, Lacordaire and Immaculate Conception.
- Request the release of your school transcript from your elementary school after completion of the first marking period in Grade 8. This transcript must include the following three items:
- Classes taken and the grades received 6th grade through 1st marking period 8th grade.
- Results of standardized testing (Terra Nova, CAT, IOWA, GEPPA, NJ Ask, PARCC) taken in 6th and 7th grade.
- Attendance record 6th and 7th grade.
- Take advantage of opportunities for scholarship and financial aid listed on this website.
- Candidates for admission will be notified by mail after January 12, 2017. Registration date is February 4, 2017.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-226-0660 Ext. # 1114
Instructions for Transfer Students:
- Complete the application. Click here to download our application.
- Or call 973-226-0660 Ext # 1122 to receive one.
- Request the release of your school records from Grade 7 to the present (class grades and standardized testing) from your current/former schools. Send this information in along with the completed application and $40 application fee.
- Transfer students are only admitted at the beginning of a semester. Transfer students are required to have an interview with our Guidance Department. Processing a transfer application takes at least two weeks. Please allow for this time.
- There are no scholarships available for transfer students. Financial Aid is not available for the first year that a transfer student attends the Mount. Financial Aid may be applied for in subsequent years.
- Transfer students are admitted pending available space in a given class year. Students are invited to apply if they will be enrolling in grades nine through eleven. Mount Saint Dominic Academy does not accept applications from students entering the twelfth grade.
Mount Saint Dominic Academy is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary schools. The Mount also holds membership in the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools (NJAIS) and in the Dominican Association of Secondary Schools (DASS).
Mount Saint Dominic Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies and athletic and other school administered program.