- Any student who is currently enrolled may apply.
- Any student who has submitted a completed admission application may apply. Click here to APPLY.
- Families seeking financial aid must file an application through TADS. Use the financial aid worksheet if needed.
Click here to begin the application.
- Applications will be accepted until Monday, April 30, 2019.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Attaching a personal statement explaining why the financial aid is needed is mandatory.
- Financial aid must be applied for annually.
- Financial Aid is available up to 50% of tuition.
- Financial Aid is strictly financial need based.
- Applications are reviewed by a committee.
- Acceptance agreement must be signed by the parents/guardians.
- Student is required to maintain passing grades.
- Financial Aid applications must be completed no later than December 7, 2018 to receive preferential consideration.
- The TADS financial aid application portal is open from September 15, 2018 through April 30, 2019.
- We encourage everyone to apply for financial aid early. Late filing for financial aid may result in no financial aid.
Notification of Aid
- New students who complete the Financial Aid process by December 7, 2018 will be notified by January 11, 2019
- Families who complete the Financial Aid process between December 8, 2018 and February 28, 2019 will be notified by the end of March.
- Families who complete the Financial Aid process in March and April will be notified in May or June.
Key Contact: Please contact Janice Philips, Treasurer, email@example.com 973-226-0660 Ext. #1113, if you have any questions.
The Scholarship Fund for Inner-City Children
Applicants in need of financial aid are encouraged to look into other sources such as a local ethnic organization or their parish. One potential source for those who qualify is The Scholarship Fund for Inner-City Children. For more information, visit www.sficnj.org.
Mount St. Dominic Academy offers a scholarship exam on Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 12:00 pm and Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 3:30 pm. Registration for the exams are closed. To take the Scholarship Exam, students must:
- Click here to register to take the exam.
- Submit a $45 registration fee.
- Complete a Mount St. Dominic Academy Admission Application.
- Have taken the COOP/HSPT Exam on November 9, 2018 or SSAT on Saturday, December 8, 2018. November 17, 2018 November 18, 2018 November 25, 2018 Wednesday, December 5, 2018. Click here to register for the COOP/HSPT. Click here to register for the SSAT.
Mount St. Dominic Academy awards the following scholarships to members of the incoming Freshman class:
Siena Scholarship – based on academic excellence
- One (1) full tuition, four year renewable scholarship
- Four (4) half tuition, four year renewable scholarships
Doris M. Byrne Scholarship – named for the alumna from the class of 1940, who established the foundation that generously endows the scholarship
- One (1) half tuition scholarship awarded annually to an incoming freshman for her entire four years on the basis of demonstrated financial need, academic ability, and commitment to Mount values.
Any applicant to the freshman class, who has taken the HSPT/COOP exam and the scholarship exam, submitted all the appropriate school records, submitted MSDA admission application, and submitted an application for financial aid by December 7, 2018 will be considered.
- Candidates must demonstrate academic ability as determined by a score of at least 75% in the Math & Reading sections of the COOP exam.
- Finalists and their parent(s) will be interviewed by the Head of School and appointed committee members.
- Value of the Scholarship: one half of current tuition for four year period, provided the following criteria are continually met:
- Student will maintain an academic average of 85% or above
- Student will be an active member of the Ambassador Club
- Student will conduct herself in a manner consistent with the values of Mount St. Dominic Academy
- The family must demonstrate financial need each year and submit a financial aid application annually
Scholarship covers 50% of tuition only. Student’s family is responsible for the remainder of tuition and books, uniform, and other daily expenses.
Other Sources of Financial Aid
Full-time employees of Mount St. Dominic Academy or the Sisters of St. Dominic of Caldwell or one of their sponsored institutions will receive a reduction in tuition. Please contact Janice Philips, Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-226-0660 Ext. #1113, for more information.