- Any student who is currently enrolled may apply.
- Any student who has submitted a completed admission application may apply.
- Families seeking financial aid must file an application through TADS. Use the financial aid worksheet if needed.
Click here to begin the application.
Click here for the Spanish application.
- Applications will now be accepted until Monday, April 30, 2018.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Attaching a personal statement explaining why the financial aid is needed is mandatory.
- Financial aid must be applied for annually.
- Financial Aid is available up to 50% of tuition.
- Financial Aid is strictly financial need based.
- Applications are reviewed by a committee.
- Acceptance agreement must be signed by the parents/guardians.
- Student is required to maintain passing grades.
Notification of Aid
- New students who apply for Financial Aid by December 4, 2017 will be notified by January 12, 2018 after 3:00 pm.
- Families who apply for Financial Aid between December 5, 2017 and February 28, 2018 will be notified the week of March 19, 2018.
- Families who apply for Financial Aid in March and April will be notified in May or June.
Key Contact: Please contact Janice Philips, Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org 973-226-0660 Ext. #1113, if you have any questions.
The Scholarship Fund for Inner-City Children
Applicants in need of financial aid are encouraged to look into other sources such as a local ethnic organization or their parish. One potential source for those who qualify is The Scholarship Fund for Inner-City Children. For more information, visit www.sficnj.org.
Mount St. Dominic Academy offers a scholarship exam on Sunday, December 3, 2017 at 12:30 pm. The registration deadline is Thursday, November 30, 2017. To take the Scholarship Exam, students must fill out a registration form (click here for registration form), submit a $45 registration fee, complete a Mount St. Dominic Academy Admission Application, and have taken the COOP Exam. Mail the form and fee to MSDA 3 Ryerson Avenue, Caldwell, NJ 07006.
Mount St. Dominic Academy awards the following scholarships to members of the incoming Freshman class:
- One full tuition, four year renewable scholarship based of academic excellence
- Four half tuition, four year renewable scholarships based of academic excellence
A fund gifted by the Sisters of St. Dominic of Caldwell will offer:
- One half tuition, four year renewable scholarship
Doris M. Byrne Scholarship
- One half tuition scholarship awarded annually to an incoming freshman for her entire four years on the basis of demonstrated financial need, academic ability, and commitment to Mount values.
- Named for the alumna from the class of 1940, who established the foundation that generously endows the scholarship.
Any applicant to the freshman class, who has taken the COOP exam and the scholarship exam, submitted all the appropriate school records, submitted MSDA admission application, and submitted an application for financial aid by December 4 will be considered.
- Candidates must demonstrate academic ability as determined by a score of at least 75% in the Math & Reading sections of the COOP exam.
- Finalists and their parent(s) will be interviewed by the Head of School and appointed committee members.
- Value of the Scholarship: one half of current tuition for four year period, provided the following criteria are continually met:
- Student will maintain an academic average of 85% or above
- Student will be an active member of the Ambassador Club
- Student will conduct herself in a manner consistent with the values of Mount St. Dominic Academy
- The family must demonstrate financial need each year and submit a financial aid application annually
Scholarship covers 50% of tuition only. Family of student is responsible for the remainder of tuition and books, uniform and other daily expenses.
Other Sources of Financial Aid
Full-time employees of Mount St. Dominic Academy or the Sisters of St. Dominic of Caldwell or one of their sponsored institutions will receive a reduction in tuition. Please contact Janice Philips, Treasurer, email@example.com or 973-226-0660 Ext. #1113, for more information.