- Any student who is currently enrolled may apply.
- Any student who has submitted a completed admission application may apply.
- Families seeking financial aid must file an application through TADS. Use the financial aid worksheet if needed.
Click here to begin the application.
- Applications will be accepted until Monday, April 30, 2019.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Attaching a personal statement explaining why the financial aid is needed is mandatory.
- Financial aid must be applied for annually.
- Financial Aid is available up to 50% of tuition.
- Financial Aid is strictly financial need based.
- Applications are reviewed by a committee.
- Acceptance agreement must be signed by the parents/guardians.
- Student is required to maintain passing grades.
- Financial Aid applications must be completed no later than December 7, 2018 to receive preferential consideration.
- The TADS financial aid application portal is open from September 15, 2018 through April 30, 2019.
- We encourage everyone to apply for financial aid early. Late filing for financial aid may result in no financial aid.
Notification of Aid
- New students who complete the Financial Aid process by December 7, 2018 will be notified by January 11, 2019
- Families who complete the Financial Aid process between December 8, 2018 and February 28, 2019 will be notified by the end of March.
- Families who complete the Financial Aid process in March and April will be notified in May or June.
Key Contact: Please contact Janice Philips, Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org 973-226-0660 Ext. #1113, if you have any questions.
The Scholarship Fund for Inner-City Children
Applicants in need of financial aid are encouraged to look into other sources such as a local ethnic organization or their parish. One potential source for those who qualify is The Scholarship Fund for Inner-City Children. For more information, visit www.sficnj.org.
Mount St. Dominic Academy offers a scholarship exam on Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 12:30 pm. The registration deadline is Thursday, November 29, 2018. To take the Scholarship Exam, students must:
- Click here to register
- Submit a $45 registration fee
- Complete a Mount St. Dominic Academy Admission Application
- Have taken the COOP Exam.
- Mount St. Dominic Academy awards the following scholarships to members of the incoming Freshman class:
- One full tuition, four year renewable scholarship based on academic excellence
- Four half tuition, four year renewable scholarships based on academic excellence
A fund gifted by the Sisters of St. Dominic of Caldwell will offer:
- One half tuition, four year renewable scholarship
Doris M. Byrne Scholarship
- One half tuition scholarship awarded annually to an incoming freshman for her entire four years on the basis of demonstrated financial need, academic ability, and commitment to Mount values.
- Named for the alumna from the class of 1940, who established the foundation that generously endows the scholarship.
Any applicant to the freshman class, who has taken the HSPT/COOP exam and the scholarship exam, submitted all the appropriate school records, submitted MSDA admission application, and submitted an application for financial aid by December 7, 2018 will be considered.
- Candidates must demonstrate academic ability as determined by a score of at least 75% in the Math & Reading sections of the COOP exam.
- Finalists and their parent(s) will be interviewed by the Head of School and appointed committee members.
- Value of the Scholarship: one half of current tuition for four year period, provided the following criteria are continually met:
- Student will maintain an academic average of 85% or above
- Student will be an active member of the Ambassador Club
- Student will conduct herself in a manner consistent with the values of Mount St. Dominic Academy
- The family must demonstrate financial need each year and submit a financial aid application annually
Scholarship covers 50% of tuition only. Student’s family is responsible for the remainder of tuition and books, uniform, and other daily expenses.
Other Sources of Financial Aid
Full-time employees of Mount St. Dominic Academy or the Sisters of St. Dominic of Caldwell or one of their sponsored institutions will receive a reduction in tuition. Please contact Janice Philips, Treasurer, email@example.com or 973-226-0660 Ext. #1113, for more information.