MSDA Scholarship Exam on 12/2 & 12/4
Scholarship Exam Date, Deadline, and Walk-in Information
Mount St. Dominic Academy offers a scholarship exam on Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 12:00 pm & Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 3:30 pm. Registration is now closed for the Sunday exam. Registration for the Tuesday exam is open until Monday, December 3, 2018 at 3:00 pm.
To take the Scholarship Exam, students must:
- Register to take the exam. Click here.
- Submit a $45 registration fee.
- Complete a Mount St. Dominic Academy Admission Application. Click here.
- Have taken the COOP/HSPT Exam on November 9, 2018 or SSAT on Saturday, December 8, 2018. Click here to register for the COOP/HSPT. Click here to register for the SSAT.
Walk-ins are welcome if able to provide proof of eligibility:
- submission of a Mount St. Dominic Academy application
- completion of the HSPT/COOP or SSAT test.
Scholarships offered at Mount St. Dominic Academy
Mount St. Dominic Academy awards the following scholarships to members of the incoming Freshman class:
- Siena Scholarship – award based on academic excellence
- (1) full tuition, four year renewable scholarship
- (4) half tuition, four year renewable scholarships
- Dominican Scholarship – gifted by the Sisters of St. Dominic of Caldwell
- (1) half tuition, four year renewable scholarship, based on academic excellence
- Doris M. Byrne Scholarship – named for the alumna from the class of 1940, who established the foundation that generously endows the scholarship
- (1) half tuition scholarship awarded annually to an incoming freshman for her entire four years on the basis of demonstrated financial need, academic ability, and commitment to Mount values.
Any applicant to the freshman class, who has taken the HSPT/COOP exam and the scholarship exam, submitted all the appropriate school records, submitted an MSDA admission application, and submitted an application for financial aid by December 7, 2018 will be considered.
Criteria and requirements:
- Candidates must demonstrate academic ability as determined by a score of at least 75% in the Math & Reading sections of the COOP exam.
- Finalists and their parent(s) will be interviewed by the Head of School and appointed committee members.
- Value of the Scholarship — half of current tuition for four year period, provided the following criteria are continually met:
— Student will maintain an academic average of 85% or above
— Student will be an active member of the Ambassador Club
— Student will conduct herself in a manner consistent with MSDA values
— The family must demonstrate financial need each year and submit a financial aid application annually
- The scholarship covers 50% of tuition only. Student’s family is responsible for the remainder of tuition and books, uniform, and other daily expenses.