Throughout All Four Years at the Mount
School Counseling seminar classes are scheduled for an entire marking period each year of high school to prepare students for a successful high school experience and post high school planning. Individual and family appointments are also set throughout the year to meet each individual student’s academic, personal, and social needs.
We evaluate and discuss:
- each girl’s individual strengths and provide resource suggestions for personal growth and post high school planning
- study and organizational skills, time management strategies
- critical thinking skills
- healthy decision making
- stress management
- conflict resolution
- course selection
- career interest inventory and personality assessment
- selection and interpretation of standardized tests
- online resources such as Naviance and CollegeBoard to help with their college and career planning
- the college selection and application process in junior and senior years
Timely Information for Parents and Students
Our School Counseling newsletters are posted in the Shout-Out and Portal.