We are pleased to introduce Family Connection from Naviance, a comprehensive website focused on helping students with post high school planning decisions, the college application process plus career development. If you have further questions about Family Connection, please contact Miss DeBlock.
Family Connection allows students to:
● Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, complete online surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
● Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from MSDA students who have applied to schools you may be thinking of and their admittance rates.
● Sign up for college visits – Find out which colleges are visiting MSDA and plan on speaking with the college representatives.
Family Connection allows counselors to:
● Submit supporting application materials – The school counseling department and teachers are able to submit transcripts, letters of recommendation, and other documents electronically to colleges and universities.
● Share information – Counselors can share information about up-coming meetings and events, local scholarship opportunities, and other web resources for college and career information.