Resumes are currently being accepted for all positions for 2018-2019 school year. Should your qualifications meet the needs of a specific position in the future, you will be contacted.
Mount St. Dominic Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, orientation, political beliefs or other legally protected categories.
Maternity Leave Spanish Teacher
Mount St. Dominic Academy, a vibrant 9-12 all-girls high school, sponsored by the Sisters of St. Dominic, is seeking resumes from qualified educators who are interested in a full-time Spanish maternity-leave teaching position to begin in the spring of 2019. This position reports directly to the Dean of Academics and will be responsible for teaching five sections with three preps (Spanish I, Spanish II Honors, Spanish III). Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree (minimum) with prior Spanish teaching experience. Preference will be given to candidates with experience teaching high school Spanish (Grades 9-12).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares motivating and stimulating lessons that reflect knowledge of the curriculum, child development, and student interests and abilities
- Employs a variety of teaching methods to engage different learning styles and ability levels in the classroom
- Commits to preparation and communication with lead teacher before maternity leave in order to ensure a seamless transition for students
- Encourages an inclusive classroom that accepts the diverse perspectives and backgrounds of the students and elicits a greater understanding of the world
- Analyzes classroom data to develop lessons and instructional activities
- Demonstrates a desire to meaningfully integrate technology into the classroom
- Takes on other work-related duties (lunch duty, homeroom coverage, etc.)
TEACHING AND LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
- Embraces the tenets of student-centered teaching and learning
- Sets clear expectations for class work, homework, and behavior in the classroom
- Demonstrates effective classroom management skills
- Seeks to actively know students’ strengths and weaknesses
- Responds promptly and with care to parent concerns
- Communicates effectively with parents, colleagues, and administrators
- Attends and participates appropriately in full, divisional, and departmental/team faculty meetings
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume/CV, references, and faculty application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Track and Field Throwing Coach
Winter Track and Field Assistant Coach
Applications and Instructions
Send application materials including cover letter and resume via email, fax, or mail to:
Mount St. Dominic Academy – Main Office
3 Ryerson Avenue
Caldwell, NJ 07006